Saturday, August 27, 2011

would a 10"-12" deep buffet look odd (please read)?

Query by Skadoctor1: would a 10"-twelve" deep buffet appear odd (remember to examine)?
I have a smaller sized consume-in cooking area/eating combo. I am attempting to make the best use of room while developing a formal sensation (Im adding mirrors on the wall to open up the area up far more). I have a gorgeous french provencial dresser that style-wise could pass as a buffet quickly.

The issue: The dresser is fifteen" deep and helps make the area search somewhat crowded as-is. This area truly would seem more excellent with a 10"-12" deep buffet to enable extra space for the eating set.

I was pondering about cutting the further depth off the dresser including altering the drawers to fit, reattaching the back legs and making a 'leaf' for the entrance so that when essential, the leading could fold down for added serving room.

My question is... if you have been coming in to a property wherever the buffet is up in opposition to a wall, at the rear of the eating set, would you observe that its only 10"-12" deep and, would you feel that out of spot for the room or, would you believe it is a neat thought to serve storage purpose even though upscaling the space some?

I like the search and feel it will serve my desires (linen storage) but just before I hack absent at the dresser, I want other folks input.

I cant appear to locate a ten"-twelve" piece on the web, so I assume what I need to have is custom made and Id desire employing what I have vs. likely to the price of obtaining some factor constructed. The dresser I have is non sentimental but, I would use it as a dresser if I cant use it for this.

Thank you


Greatest solution:

Reply by pissy_old_lady
I consider you are tackling very a job, but that is just my opinion. It will not look odd if the buffet is proportionate to the room..I would search around far more for yet another piece of household furniture..but if you want to consider reducing down your piece go for it, but be prepared if it does not function.
Try out seeking at other pieces that may operate...console television models...book shelves..that kind of factor to get the depth you want.



Give your reply to this problem under!

No comments:

Post a Comment