Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What do you do if you're a USA-ian, but unhappy and have your heart set on living in a Latin country?

Query by Wheep Wheep Piggy Ft: What do you do if you're a USA-ian, but sad and have your heart set on dwelling in a Latin region?
I have a TEFL certificate and I would like to go abroad and educate English. I am not placing USA down, but it can be just not for me. I've studied overseas in Spain and Mexico and I won't be able to readjust to US tradition and do not wanna be right here. I am Really depressed right here and I know in my heart I don't belong and will not wanna dwell my daily life in USA. My heart isn't right here. I live in North Carolina and I dislike it... I don't like my home state (Florida) possibly. I have my heart set on dwelling in a latin country. I do not just WANT to. I want to I want it so anxiously that it can be unbearable.

I can't clarify this to someone unless of course they've had similar experiences, but I've been back in USA and it's clear to me I never belong. It is like planting petunias in Antarctica they will die there, while they might flourish elsewhere. My heart isn't here and I cannot be myself or make the most of my abilities here.

I have longed to return to Spain and Mexico... but it is gonna be damn around difficult to instruct EFL about there. I am even now in adore with Spain but will not sense wanted there. My Spanish close friends are great but the European federal government discriminates towards Us residents. I bear in mind how the Mexicans welcomed me with open arms. I would just as shortly go again to wherever I am needed.

Men and women say to pray to God about His will for my existence but I sense like the wishes of my heart are an obvious clue as to where I should be.

There is this idea that Mexico is unreasonably unsafe now. I will not buy into that, but I could be wrong. Still, Mexico is exactly where I often felt accepted. I maintain contrasting my time there with my time in the US.

I Long to have music in my life. In USA, I was not effective but in Mexico I had achievement and folks encouraged me. Audio means so considerably to me and my lifestyle is empty without having it. I won't be able to have audio in my life right here in USA and I won't be able to dwell with out songs. I play the guitar (have carried out so for twenty years) but just have not had any luck with the music in North Carolina, hwere I dwell now.

What latin international locations are open up to US citizens who want to educate EFL? I do NOT want to teach ESL in the USA... I know that my causes for teaching English are selfish: I want to travel the planet. But I invested a good deal of dollars and sacrificed almost everything to get the state of the artwork, premier teacher training (Trinity Cert Tesol) due to the fact I do treatment about instructing and my students.

I would like to know if all this shit that supposedly is going on in Mexico has been exaggerated? I know a lot can change in five many years, but when I went five a long time in the past, men and women manufactured similar remarks about how horrible Mexico was. The only time I Ever before feard for my security was when I found a scorpion in my ktichen (I killed it). I was in no way raped, or kidnapped and I by no means got significantly ill. I was happy there and I felt accepted. I played guitar, and individuals admired my audio and I played in a band, for genuine audiences. Here in NC people just blow me off when I notify them I perform guitar. I arrive property to my household in NC and my brother states, "F*ck off, bitch." My Mexican host brother was usually hugging me and telling me he beloved me "Te quiero Saritaaaaa..." he liked to hang close to my space but I failed to treatment, I felt beloved. I taught small youngsters in Mexico and they have been often declaring they cherished me and offering me gifts. I taught higher school in USA and children threatened me, called me obscene names, manufactured my existence a living hell. I shell out each and every weeked in my place crying since I'm bored. In Mexico there was often a new adventure to experience or encounter.

I dont' believe it can be unreasonably hazardous to go there, but even if it is, you have to take possibilities. I can never fulfill what I am meant to do here. I am not all Pollyanna about the predicament but I am SO miserable in USA. I cry myself to sleep virtually each night due to the fact I detest getting here. I in no way readjusted and never ever will I was maladjusted prior to I ever before studied overseas. I will not belong here.

I am depressed. I cry a whole lot... make sure you no rude or indicate comments... be sure to advise?


Finest response:

Answer by Celeste100
I say - go for it girl.

I have been to South America and I also want to return back to reside there in the long term (when I can find the money for to). I have been dissatisfied with the American way of existence for a even though now - the large greater part of folks I have arrive throughout are just vulgar or have this underlying dislike in the direction of you (which helps make it hard to actually link with anybody - I never ever actually have).

I have also figured out about utterly horrible issues that go on inside of our personal federal government that give me chills and fuel my need to transfer myself from this God-forsaken land.

Many of the Central and Latino American immigrants I have achieved informed me that they knowledgeable a large cultural shock when they came to this country. They have consistently described Us residents as becoming "cold" and insincere.

I just want to permit you know - Mexico can be a very hazardous area. A lot of Mexicans attempt to cross the boarder to the US because of to the enormous govt corruption and the drug cartels that openly threaten law enforcement and citizens (I have talked to numerous immigrants about this in the earlier...) And if you are a "gringo" and you plan on living there, then you have to exert further caution.

Latino and Central Americans are usually really embracing and warm all around. If I have been you, I would try to transfer to a region in South America (not Columbia due to the fact of the frequent kidnappings I keep listening to about..)

This is quite important:
Always appear at existence with optimism - I know that men and women may possibly be really inconsiderate and discourteous but I have often forgiven and experimented with to really like absolutely everyone that has been hurtful to me in the prior. Even though if may possibly seem to be naive or even counter intuitive to do this, a sensible individual understands that expressing hatred or sick will in direction of one more individual attracts negativity to your daily life.

I also stay in NC also!!! In what town or county do you dwell in?

I apologize forward of time if my response appears a bit random at selected components...

If you require someone to discuss to, publish your electronic mail beneath your problem and I am going to email you back.

Un abrazo fuerte,

KC



What do you think? Solution beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment