Monday, August 22, 2011

Q&A: I want to get rid of the fluorescent light fixture in my dining room. Is this easy to do? (See pic.)?

Query by monicanena: I want to get rid of the fluorescent light fixture in my dining area. Is this effortless to do? (See pic.)?
I have a light equivalent to this in my dining space, and I want to get rid of it. Is this difficult, and how a lot damage to the underlying ceiling really should I expect? It can be an external fixture, not set into the sheetrock, just connected to it.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08016.jpg
I want to set up a chandelier in a different area, so I don't want to be ready to tell exactly where the previous fixture was at all.


Best reply:

Solution by Prophet 1102
Quite straightforward.

Shut off the circuit breaker feeding electricity to the light.

Get rid of the screws holding the mild fixture and the whole issue really should arrive free.

Undo the wires and proceed to set up the new fixture.



What do you think? Reply below!

No comments:

Post a Comment