Monday, August 15, 2011

Would you pay $900 for this set? Do you like it?


Question by Seafoodlover: Would you pay 0 for this set? Do you like it?
Would you pay $ 900 for this dining room set?

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.... (scroll down to see the furniture).

I am supposed to be buying this dining room set from a lady on Craigslist. I went to look at it yesterday and really like the style of the furniture. It's a 15-year old set and it's a Drexel Heritage collection. There are eight chairs (2 arm and 6 side), a buffet and china cabinet with hutch. The table also has two leafs. Overall, it is in good condition. There is a scratch on the left side of the table (on the top) that will need to be buffed out and repaired, but it's not too bad. The chair cushions are like cordouroy or something so I am going to buy some fabric that I like and recover them. Other than a couple of minor knicks (normal wear and tear) on the buffet everything looks good.

Do you think this is worth $ 900? I know you can't get quality furniture anywhere for that price, but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I need other opinions. In my living room I have chocolate brown leather with claw feet and hands (the wood is mahogany). The end tables and coffee tables are also a mahogany with marble tops. I like Victorian style furniture.

Is this furniture too old-fashioned for a 31 year old. I like stylish furniture but I like an antique/old look. I am not into contemporary.




Best answer:

Answer by ♥ILY®♥
link doesn't work .



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment