Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Q&A: I have royal blue living room walls w/white trim. Would a brown leather couch and red shag rug clash?

Query by dixieshep: I have royal blue living area walls w/white trim. Would a brown leather sofa and red shag rug clash?
My walls are a royal blue with white trim. We have a mild colored hardwood floor and have been contemplating about acquiring a dark brown leather sofa with nailhead trim. I am also eyeing a red shag rug to toss into the mix. It's not a brilliant brilliant red but not burgundy both. I was pondering about bringing these three hues collectively but do not know if it will clash. If it does not, exactly where would I get started with curtains?? Solids, stripes, dots?? I want long curtains and my husband wishes far more of a cabin theme but I am not confident that will function with this coloration scheme. Any assist is appreciated.


Very best answer:

Reply by OOO! I know! I know!
The brown and the red are in conflict in my vision of what it would look like.



Know better? Go away your personal solution in the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment