Saturday, July 23, 2011

Q&A: refinishing/repainting an old dining room set?

Issue by VixenMom: refinishing/repainting an old dining space set?
I was presented an old dining space arranged (a Thomasville 1968) by a loved ones member, and though it's an outdated style... I'd like to give it a deal with lift before I chuck it for a new set. I strategy to cut down the backs of the chairs some and upholster the entire chair with micro fiber(minus the legs). I'd like to paint the pedestal table and china cabinet but will not know what to use to get a respectable, rich end. I had requested a professional what it would cost to strip the table and china cabinet down from its previous end (looks to be an oak finish)... and restain with cherry or mahogony. He explained min. $ 1600... at that price I would relatively buy a new arranged.
What merchandise can I use to paint above the wood? I'm willing to do some mild sanding. Is there a product that I can use that can go over aged stain/varnish that supplies a wealthy complete? Please be particular and offer you as several options as possible. Would love to hear from a proffesional on this make a difference.


Very best solution:

Answer by flowerspirit2000
MIN WAX Goods....THEY Carry A Total LINE OF STAINS AND FINISHES.....THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE Brilliant YELLOW LABELS.....YOU DO NOT HAVE TO Totally SAND JUST Rough UP A MITE WITH SEMI Fine SANDPAPER....THE Greatest WAY TO GET A PRO Seem IS TO Consider A TAC Fabric Over IT Ahead of APPLYING THE Ultimate Clear POLYURETHANE AND THEN Right after THE POLYURETHANE DRIES....Take A Genuinely Comfortable Outdated SWEAT SHIRT AND RUB.....ALOT IT Provides IT A PANTINE LIKE NEW FROM THE FURN Shop.



Know far better? Leave your personal solution in the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment