Saturday, June 4, 2011

Q&A: Are there any commercial furniture polishes that don't leave a waxy residue?

Question by nellbelle7: Are there any business furniture polishes that do not depart a waxy residue?
We just inherited a cherry dining area set and buffet from my mom-in-law. I have constantly used Orange glo, Murphy's oil soap, Pledge or Endust just before to clean and polish wood furnishings.

But for what ever purpose, this table gets a waxy buildup on it when I use any of individuals merchandise (it is sealed wood, although I'm not confident if its shellac or varnish or poly) on it has a smeary, greasy seem on it.

Are there any other items I could attempt that will not likely harm the wood at all? Its not classic, its a set she obtained at Ethan Allen about five years ago.

Any ideas of other merchandise or approaches would be significantly appreciated. For the time getting I have just been polishing with a microfiber cloth, but I would like to be in a position to polish it as nicely each month or so.


Greatest solution:

Answer by TABITHA D
HAVE YOU Tried THE WINDEX WIPES.OR THE PLEGDE ONES? THAT May possibly Work.



Know better? Depart your own reply in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment