Saturday, June 11, 2011

How can you tell if a vintage piece of furniture is a buffet or a dresser?

Query by BUBBLES: How can you inform if a vintage piece of furniture is a buffet or a dresser?
I have my great fantastic aunt's buffet but my husband thinks it just a dresser. It was prob purchased prior to the 40's.... like I mentioned it is my fantastic excellent aunt's buffet- and I am 29. It has been handed down through my family members as buffet but it does glimpse like a dresser. It really is extremely big- cherry wood finish and it can be all drawers. It can be all pull out drawers like a dresser. It does NOT have the tall facet drawers that open up to a shelf. It's a massive piece of funiture that is very lengthy but also extensive. It only has tiny feet at the botton- like a dresser, my outdated buffet had prolonged skinny legs before. I know I can make it be a dresser or a buffet if I so choose but I was asking yourself is there a way to tell the variation?
Any buffet details would drastically help!
Or I might have a dresser in my dining room!! LOL
Many thanks!!


Best reply:

Reply by Red Rooster
If it can sub for a china closet, you can use it as a buffet.



What do you think? Answer beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment