Monday, June 20, 2011

Q&A: Need help identifying great-grandma's dining set?

Issue by Allie: Need help identifying fantastic-grandma's eating set?
I am trying to track down details on my excellent-grandmother's dining space set. I have searched ebay and various antique sites with no luck. Right here is what I know: at minimum sixty five yrs outdated, owned in Massachusetts, glue was used in chair assembly (now dried out and chairs are weak), dovetails on drawers (not uniform in size), set consists of rectangular table with extensions on both finish, a buffet and six side chairs, honey coloured solid wooden, the only mark is "No. 531 Maple." stenciled on the again of the buffet. My aunt tells me that the set is produced from strong rock maple and was created by Cushman (seems to be equivalent to items in the Colonal Creations line but I am doubtful because there are no labels). My husband wants to buy a new dining set (made with veneers!) but I adore this set and I am pondering about obtaining it restored. Probably if I had far more info I could modify his brain. I have photographs if anybody is fascinated.


Finest solution:

Answer by Starving Artist
I would require to see a photo.where is yours



Give your answer to this query below!

No comments:

Post a Comment