Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I need help with decorating an orange room?

Query by Alicia G: I want assist with decorating an orange area?
I have an overpowering orange dining room...vivid orange. I enjoy the shade but I have practically nothing on the walls and I have extremely huge, antique white colored furniture (only a table and chairs and a buffet...it's not a massive room). My query is, really should I set wall hangings, shelves, images that are earth tones or contrast shades like blues, greens, and many others? Or can I use the two? I have a good deal of empty wall space and it looks very awkward.


Very best remedy:

Answer by Emjay
A standard rule for decorating is "a few", which applies in this situation to your colours. Your orange is dominant, your white furniture is secondary, and you require a 3rd for balance and unification. I would advise you integrate some deep chocolate browns in wood, fabric and artwork/accessories which will aid to anchor the space. Never integrate as well a lot of other shades, or it will just appear scattered. The repeated dark tones will support calm down the brightness of the walls and produce a much more cohesive look. Oranges and reds stimulate the appetite - good choice!



Add your individual reply in the feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment