Sunday, May 29, 2011

Drapery Colour Ideas for Dining room and Living room/Office?

Question by Blase: Drapery Color Concepts for Dining space and Living place/Workplace?
New property in the nation - big diningroom and utilizing the livingroom as an office/sitting room. Need the proper drapery for both. Most of the residence is carried out in dark taupe with white trim.

I have a white electrical fireplace in my office which we brought from the final home (no it can not be painted nor do I want to). The office & dining room will be the only rooms in the home searching feminine. I adore shabby chic & French country, but due to the fact the pets are just about everywhere I am instead of heading for white duck addresses for the loveseat & wing chair I covered in prairie blue. I want to use existing and new artwork. The diningroom home furniture is glass table with espresso legs and buffet which I know is neither shabby or French. I am thinking of investing two or all the 4 chairs for faric to floor parson's chairs.

There are vast windows in every space with gorgeous views of the garden I want to frame.

I want to tie in current pricey artwork. The colors in the art are largely blues, greens and pink (ie. pink peony and anopther has a blush pink mat) and are pictures of outdated stone buildings with gardens and window boxes full of pink petunias.

Flooring is walnut coloured hardwood.

The rooms are the two big and the diningroom if rather sparse so I assume full curtains might warm it up.

So, does this give you adequate information for recommendations?


Best answer:

Remedy by me
Plantation shutters to match the trim and mulberry drapes would be excellent. The mulberry is feminine with out being screeching pink. I would line with a lighter tone mulberry like this.

http://www.themillshop.co.united kingdom/pictures/ww/rev%20faux%20silk%20mulberry%20heather.jpg

You can fussy them up as considerably as you want. http://fashion4windows.com/pictures/stories/plantation_shutters/polycore_shutters/Picture13.jpg

http://www.metropolis-information.com/forum/attachments/property-inside-design-decorating/46728d1249863381-curtains-windows-plantation-shutters-fashion-faux-a hundred_2136.jpg

In the stop you have a seem that will instantly adjust the light while you are functioning...Embrace your beautiful views and with closing possibly the drapes or shutters in the evening have a search of formaility or coziness.



Include your individual solution in the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment