Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Decorating a Dining Room?

Query by Holly Franklin: Decorating a Dining Place?
I developed a residence a yr in the past and want to get the finishing touches on. Require help with dining room.

Walls: very light tan
Floor: quite light birch with grain
Only 2 walls and a single has a triple window so quite small acutal wall room there.
The other wall is wherever the buffet is.
I obtained an espresso colored table from pottery barn with matching buffet.

I want to include some color, but am a tiny frightened. I have a mirror and two sqaure metal docrative pieces I am heading to paint but am not sure about the coloration.

I want the mirror to go above the buffet and the metal items on both aspect. I am getting a centerpiece produced for the buffet. It will be quite straightforward and most likely extremely couple of if any flowers. My residence is quite open and our shades are really netural. Tan, brown, blue (turquoise or aqua) and a hint of red. I was contemplating of painting the pieces red. Should they all a few be the same or diverse. The metal items are brown now and really rather but the house actually desires a minor shade. Thanks for any suggestions!


Very best remedy:

Reply by emma w
I believe a bright colour like red, or orange would look excellent for your equipment, it will provide a punch of colour to the room.

Check out to use the red in three areas (maybe on the buffet, in the centerpiece and even in a rug or window remedy).



Give your reply to this query beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment