Thursday, May 19, 2011

help with decorating a living room to coordinate with two other rooms in an open floor plan house?

Query by abceddfdjfldfjlkdsfj: support with decorating a dwelling place to coordinate with two other rooms in an open floor program residence?
my residence has an open floor strategy. the walls are a shade lighter than mustard yellow. my formal dining area is right next to the living area and it has conventional oak furniture and it has a buffet with a charcoal gray marble best. my hearth room is also following to my living place becuase it is right in front of my kitchen, which has stainless steel appliances and uba tuba (ooba tooba?) green granite counter tops along with cherry cabinets. The hearth place has contemporary black leather furnishings and black glass tables.
how can i coordinate my living area to look excellent with each my standard-type formal dining space and my up to date hearth room.
please let me know if you require any much more details.
any suggestions for retailers are welcome. back links with pieces that you like from merchants like Bombay and Pier 1 would also be very beneficial.
many thanks!


Finest answer:

Solution by moviebuff52001
The "authorities" say pick a color scheme and have it during--sounds like you have a reasonably "blank palate" with black leather furniture. If it had been me, I'd choose say 3 colours..and make one the dominant shade in each area..and accent with the other two in the rooms.
Martha Stewart would almost certainly say blend textures and fabrics, as wel. Possibly a print (chintz) would be good in the dining room. With black leather, you could do something much more shiny (not satin, but one thing like it?) for pillows. Include a throw, or even a couple of wonderful artsy type of pieces. Play off the colors of the chintz in the dining area.
You have obtained mustard yellow walls, green and gray countertops. Relying on your yellow (is it a blue-ish or yellowish yellow?) you could add some shades of green, possibly a rust or blue tones. I'd discover a color wheel (like paint stores have, or decorating textbooks) and search at what is up coming to the wall colours on either aspect. These are your complementary shades.
I've also witnessed some wooden items (frames, boxes, shelving models) that are black with a wood reveal..that may be a wonderful tie-in to carry some of the wood from one place into the black leather/glass place. (Hmmm...I sense like obtaining a paintbrush myself!)



Give your response to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment