Sunday, June 5, 2011

How do I refinish an old dining room table? It has a very dark stain and some major scratches in the surface.?

Query by workmaniac: How do I refinish an old dining area table? It has a quite darkish stain and some key scratches in the surface.?
I have inherited an outdated kitchen table and chair set. It can be possibly pre-1950.

It has a quite darkish stain but no poly-urathane. I have been using an orbital sander to take out some of the scatches but these are more like gouges so I'm not too hopeful about those. There is also a circuar drinking water mark. I'm mindful of the simple fact that I might not have an even color if I sand as well considerably in one particular spot.

I would like to stain the table a beech colour to match my furnishings but the latest colour is quite darkish.

How do I do it?


Best remedy:

Solution by bostonterrier
I have never ever done this, but this is my guess...Conitinue to sand it all down and use wood filler in the deep scratches, then sand once again. The moment you get it sleek you can re-stain it, although I will not know if you can get a beech colour, it may rely on the wood sort. very good luck!

If all else fails you can paint it )



Give your remedy to this query beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment