Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Q&A: What kind of table is this?


Question by ~*Mrs. GM2*~: What kind of table is this?
Hi, this is kinda a vague question, but I have this table in my basement and I know that there's a name for it, but I don't know what it is! Let me describe it for you.

The table has three massive pillar legs in the center of the table that branch out to brass claw feet. The sides of the table can drop down (like a drop-leaf table) to make room for 1 or 2 people, or the sides can be put up by folding out 2 wooden supports on each end and propping the drop leaves up. It can also be pulled out and leaves inserted to make an over all table length of about 10 feet long. When we pull the table apart to put the leaves in, it seems that the table pulls out by using gears of some sort to make it pull apart smoothly. It's a really old table I know. We want to refinish it and use it for our dining room table. Anyone know what the name for this kind of table is? Thanks for your help! God bless!



Best answer:

Answer by krissyderic
Take a picture of your table (in all of the stages) and take it to a local Antique dealer.
I don't know the specific name of the table but it sounds very nice. Lucky YOU!!!



Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment