Sunday, April 24, 2011

My ficus tree is dying and I dont know why. Please Help!!?

Question by Crys: My ficus tree is dying and I dont know why. Please Aid!!?
I lately got into bonsai tree courses and we have been presented ficus trees from Florida for our 1st tree. It did good for the 1st few weeks but now the leaves are wilting and begining to drop off. A few of my buddies got theirs at the very same time and theirs are doing excellent. The tree is about 5-6 years previous and it is planted in a blend of a number of soils that provide optimum draining. I water it when the soil feels dry (about as soon as a week), I water it by setting it in a complete sink for about 30 minutes at a time and i had it sitting on my dining space table which is in between two windows but I just moved it to the window sill to get more light. It is also cold right now for it to be moved exterior. I did recognize some scales on the leaves so I have sprayed it twice with Orthonex but it even now appears to be dying. Does anybody have any guidance or tips on how to conserve my tree.


Greatest solution:

Remedy by jafunmi82
Ficus trees like it moist and warm they really don't like drafts, even warm ones.

I would wash the leaves with soapy h2o, to get rid of the scale. I would make sure I have a great, huge saucer for the pot, and maintain it complete so it drinks from below.

How is the root ball? do you see the prime of it higher than the soil? you should some individuals plant them also deep, and they like a bit of air.

that explained, I do know men and women who put theirs out in the summer time, but I really don't



What do you feel? Reply beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment